[PythonCAD] offset for pythoncad

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 16:34:46 CET 2005

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Art Haas
# on Friday 14 January 2005 11:17 am:

>I've (finally) added the page about how last year went regarding
>PythonCAD development. It's a short read for those interested.
>
>http://www.pythoncad.org/summary2.html

Any plans to add an offset command?  I've written a recursive
subroutine in Perl which does offsets of arbitrary polygons
(splitting and joining vertices as needed.)  It needs some work (I
wrote it when I was a noob) but polygons are the hardest thing to
offset.  Lines, arcs, and circles are all cake compared to that.

--Eric
--
"You can't win. You can't break even. You can't quit."
          --Ginsberg's Restatement of the Three Laws of Thermodynamics