[PythonCAD] Consistency in operations in PythonCAD

Wilbert Knol w.knol at niwa.co.nz
Wed Dec 14 23:51:11 CET 2005

> > An alternative way - used by gschem - would be to use a
> > combination of a keyboard hotkey (e.g. 'm' to move something) and
> > a mouse click (to select the object). This is really quick. once
> > you get the hang of it.
>
> PythonCAD now uses hotkeys.  The first key is generally pressed
> with <alt>.

I was wondering if it would be possible to leave out the 'alt' for
often-used operations. As an example: at present, to zoom in, I need
to press 'alt-m' and then 'z'., repeatedly.

In pcb and gschem I can do this by just hammering 'z' a few times to
zoom up to the right level.

Perhaps it makes sense to make these shortcut key bindings only for
items that are in the context menu.

Wilbert.