[PythonCAD] DXF Import/Export + Auto Constructor

Gustavo Barbieri barbieri at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:56:51 CEST 2004

Hello,

My university has a project in AutoLisp/Autocad that builds new houses
based on some parameters (Auto Constructor). However AutoCAD has a
sucky license and they want to change to something free... in the
meantime they want to convert their lisp implementation to something
better, since they asked me -- a python lover -- I suggested Python ;)

Since their base for the Auto Constructor is in autocad format and
they want to keep it in DXF, I need to know if PythonCAD will
read/write this format and when it's planed.

They said they need "Groups" support, does pythoncad have it?

The Auto Constructor software basically needs to position, rotate,
mirror and change some walls width, are those functions available?

Sorry for any error, I don't know nothing about CAD, I'm just a
programmer helping some architects to reach their goal!

If you have some recommendation, I'm welcome... I'm also looking for
QCad and Blender responses, the first is mature, but lack python
scripts, the later doesn't have cad features, but reads dxf and is
programmable in python...

BTW, QCad have dxflib and some things more that you could work
togheter in PythonCAD!

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
Jabber: gsbarbieri at jabber.org