[PythonCAD] [ANNOUNCE] Seventeenth release of PythonCAD now available

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Tue Oct 5 02:12:08 CEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 11:36:09AM +1300, Wilbert Knol wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi.

> I am having problems installing Release 17:
>
> [root at wk PythonCAD-DS1-R17]# python setup.py install
> running install
> error: invalid Python installation: unable to
> open /usr/lib/python2.3/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)
> [root at wk PythonCAD-DS1-R17]#

Running as root, good ...

> Indeed, there is no config/ directory in /usr/lib/python2.3
>
> My system is Mandrake 10.0, the Python-relevant RPMs I have installed
> are:
>
> [root at wk PythonCAD-DS1-R17]# rpm -qa | grep -i python
> gnome-python-bonobo-2.0.0-3mdk
> libpython2.3-2.3.3-2mdk
> python-docs-2.3.3-2mdk
> gnome-python-canvas-2.0.0-3mdk
> python-base-2.3.3-2mdk
> libpython2.2-2.2.2-6mdk
> python-numeric-23.1-2mdk
> gnome-python-2.0.0-3mdk
> python-2.3.3-2mdk
> libpython2.2-devel-2.2.2-6mdk
> [root at wk PythonCAD-DS1-R17]#

I'm not familiar with Mandrake, but in the past various 'dev' or 'devel'
packages have been needed for people running PythonCAD. Perhaps there is
a 'libpython2.3-dev{el}' or a 'python-dev{el}' package that could be
added and the the 'python setup.py install' retried?

Art Haas