[PythonCAD] dwg reader tester rig

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 3 18:31:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

For all of you that would like to try the dwg reader on some of your files,
there is now a fairly automated testing rig available at:

http://ericwilhelm.homeip.net/svn/py_dwg_tester/py_dwg_tester.tar.gz

Art and myself have been going back-and forth with the python code a little
and I've added some debug functionality to the modules, as well as created a
perl harness script and a python test script.

I wouldn't say that it's for the faint of heart, but it shouldn't be too
difficult to run on a Linux system (windows users may have to work a little
harder.)  You'll need IPC::Run from CPAN, but other than that everything is
in the one tarball.

Check the README.  There's a few ways to run things.  If you don't have much
hard-drive space or CPU power, you may want to disable the logging by going
without the logs/ directory (now the default.)

If you don't have any errors in the errs/ directory when you're done,
congratulations, now all you have to do is wait and look forward to reading
dwg files from pythoncad:)

--Eric
--
"I will not reason and compare, my business is to create...
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."