[PythonCAD] selections and stop commands

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 27 07:56:17 CEST 2004

This is probably a throwback habit from autocad, but I'm finding myself
drawing things when I think I should be in a selection mode.

It seems that a command is always active, which got me into some kind of
point-polyline inescapable chaos earlier when I tried to undo while drawing a
polyline (maybe that's only possible on the debian's release 15.)  Do this:
start drawing a polyline and hit Ctrl+Z.  I get some funky redline action
here (and the death of my previously drawn items!?) (using the repo code.)

Esc seems to work in the repo code, but it completes the operation with the
final point at the mouse cursor, and apparently loses focus somewhere (I
think I clicked in the text-entry box (oh, no I just typed 'c').)  (now that
I think of it, this may be the case with the release 15 too.)

Closing a polyline does not seem to be an option.

Further, the selection model does not allow me to drag the points into
position?

I'm just poking around right now, so maybe I'm misguided, but this should at
least give you some new-user entropy feedback.

--Eric
--
"There are three terrible ages of childhood -- 1 to 10, 10 to 20,
and 20 to 30."