FW: [PythonCAD] svg export and more

Eric Wilhelm ewilhelm at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 9 19:21:34 CEST 2004

# The following was supposedly scribed by
# Chris Somerlot
# on Friday 09 July 2004 11:44 am:

>I'm afriad I can't
>
>> There are YAML libraries
>> available for Perl, Python, and I think C and C++, so I think it is a good
>> format to shoot for.
>
>Would this be the Syck library?

Yes, I believe that's correct.  Are you working in C or C++?

Okay, let's get started with an on-disk spec.  Take a look at Syck and see
what you can do with YAML.   If that will work well enough, then the only
spec that really needs to be worked out is the data structure of each entity
(e.g. circle, point, line, polyline...)

If you can get on the #cadfs channel of irc.freenode.net, that would be the
best place to discuss it.

Once we've got a spec started, I'll try to track it with a new backend to
CAD::Drawing, which will allow dwg/dxf import/export and postscript export
from the on-disk format.

I'd also like to end-up with a pythoncad connector to this system, but I'm
pretty busy.  Any volunteers?

--Eric
--
"Chess is a foolish expedient for making idle people believe
they are doing something very clever when they are only wasting