[PythonCAD] Working on undo/redo stuff

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Tue Jan 13 18:08:22 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 01:08:19PM -0800, phrostie wrote:
> i realize that pythoncad is very developmental, but is there any chance of
> somekind of dumy deb package that would pull in all the dependencies?
>
> i had it working at one time, but have reinstalled my system since then and
> can't seem to get it to run.

I don't do the Debian packaging myself, but when I check for Debian
packaging of PythonCAD (thanks Cedric!), I get the following:

$ apt-cache show pythoncad
Package: pythoncad
Section: graphics
Installed-Size: 2272
Maintainer: Cédric Delfosse <cedric at debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.1.11-1
Depends: python (>= 2.3), python2.3, python (<< 2.4), python-gtk2 (>= 1.99.16)
Filename: pool/main/p/pythoncad/pythoncad_0.1.11-1_all.deb
Size: 297350
MD5sum: 92de73bde0101d0d08183d10d1bea525
 PythonCAD is a scriptable (with the Python language) and easy to use
 drafting program.
   .
     Homepage: http://www.pythoncad.org

I do 'apt-get update' every day or two, so this is pretty current.
Looking at the dependencies above things look alright; maybe zlib could
be added but that package is so important to many other programs I'd be
surprised if it isn't already your machine. What happens when you try to
get a Debian-ized installation of PythonCAD like so ...

$ apt-get install pythoncad

Art