[PythonCAD] DWG Format searching

Guy Edwards guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com
Tue Sep 2 21:00:32 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 20:07, Art Haas wrote:
[snip]
>  Either is much more readable than rtf.

I can convert it if no-one else has already.

> Also, I'm looking for info on older versions of the DWG format. The docs
> I found on the R12 format say that this format is basically the same as
> that in older Autocad releases - can anyone confirm this? I don't have
> any files older than the R12 files I was mailed.

I can convert files to v2.5, 2.6, 9, 10, 11 and you can have a go.

> I'd also like to match up the Autocad release with the file format. Can
> people correct and fill in the following table:

[snip]
> Autocad2000:R15 (?)

R15 format is the same as 2000i and 2002 as well I thought.

[snip]
> Have I missed releases, or made up versions that never shipped? How
> about releases prior to Autocad9?

there are v2.5 and v2.6 files as mentioned above which were prior to v9.

Guy

--
Guy Edwards <guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com>