[PythonCAD] Repo rebuilt and seems to work

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Mon Dec 15 17:53:52 EST 2003

Hi.

I've rebuilt the repository and things seem to work without problems.
Time will tell if this is the case.

Here's a little Subversion info for what I've done. The latest version
of Subversion recommends the BerkeleyDB-4.2 libraries, so I downloaded,
built, and installed them on both my local machine and the remote
machine. On the remote machine I then rebuilt Apache and Subversion to
use this new BerkeleyDB library. On my local machine I did the same
thing with both these programs as well. After doing a precautionary
'svnadmin dump' of my local repo, I installed my new subversion binary,
and used 'svnadmin recover' to update the various files in the repo. An
'svnadmin verify' showed things looked good, so I checked in a change to
my local repo, then synced my repo with the remote repo using rsync.
Here's where things went splat - trying to retrieve the change from the
remote repo produced errors, so I logged into the remote machine and
tried reading the repo with 'svn ls'. No luck, so I resent my local repo
back to the remote machine, where 'svn ls' would read it once, then fail
again.

So, on my local machine I again did 'svnadmin dump', made a new local
repo, and reloaded the stuff with 'svnadmin load'. This new repo looked
good, so I sent it to the remote site, and have been able to read and
retrieve the files without problems.

I'm suspecting that the fix to these problems occured when my local repo
was reload with 'svnadmin load'. The BerkeleyDB files were all rebuilt
with the latest BerkeleyDB library, not converted from the output of an
older release.

So, hopefully the repository access will be working correctly for the
forseeable future.

Art