[PythonCAD] Communications - etc. - HPGL

Gary Moffatt gmoffatt at gt.rr.com
Fri Dec 5 13:06:58 EST 2003

First, drawings are usually of things we want to build and hopefully, in the
future we will make robots to build them. This is particularly true in space,
where the living conditions are non-existant. It is no accident that
numerical control (NC) and HPGL are closely related - a plotter is a kind of
robot. Fundamentally the concepts of HPGL should be directly supported in
CAD, and a backend for HPGL should be easy. In terms of what is important, it
seems to me the two frames paradigm for cropping and scaling is most
important because it defines how the drawing relates to the paper, connecting
the conceptual to the physical. Besides there are utilities that convert HPGL
directly to Postscript. Applause for what you are doing.
--
Registered Linux user #312657