[PythonCAD] Re: DWG reading file

Guy Edwards guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com
Sat Aug 30 22:55:36 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 21:37, Art Haas wrote:
[snip]
> Please don't send any
> confidential/proprietary/secret etc. drawings.

Everything I've got is public and should be 100% fine.

> If you put them on a web site that would be great. I can grab them with
> lynx/mozilla and use them to figure out where the problem is.

There you go:

http://lx-viewer.sourceforge.net/dwg/dwg.php

It's got files, logs, and a brief explanation of the lib.

Let me know when you've fixed a file and I'll replace it. I've
downloaded all 14,000 or so DWG files Autodesk has public in their FTP
site. (I'm testing batch conversion in our own app). I'll convert them
to R14 and then test a few at a time. I'll put a maximum of 10 on the
website at once, unless you want more or have more people working on it
etc. There's no real space limit on our website so it's cool.

> P.S. Attached is the latest version of the script - it fixes a number of
> problems. Do the drawings that fail when run with the older script stil
> fail?

I'm afraid it still gives errors.

3 questions:

1) Is there any way to directly link to your script at your site so
people can download it to test it from that same page?

2) Can you just stick a copyright header in that script to say what
license you're putting it under?

3) is std out any good to you or is it just std error you're after? I've
put both on the site for now.

Guy

--
Guy Edwards <guy_j_edwards at HotPOP.com>