[python3-ldap] Library name change?

Brian Stinson bstinson at ksu.edu
Sun Oct 26 03:28:17 CET 2014

Hi All,

I'd like to jump in on this thread to introduce myself and add a thought
to the library name discussion. My name is Brian Stinson and I've been
using python3-ldap for a while in some of our applications at $WORK.

I'm considering packaging python3-ldap for Fedora[1] and EPEL[2].  For
distribution packages the Fedora best practices have the RPM name in the
format: python-{name_of_module_when_importing}. In this case, that means
that python3-ldap would be packaged in Fedora and EPEL as python-ldap3.

I'm looking forward to participating here in the future!

Brian

[1]: http://fedoraproject.org
[2]: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
--