[python-win32] Exe not working correctly

Nasser Issa nasser at ennetix.com
Tue Sep 5 13:46:09 EDT 2023

Hello There,

Currently been working with PyWin32 to interact with the Event Log and I'm trying to turn my Python script into a Windows executable. I'm using PyInstaller to convert my script into exe, however when I run my exe the  TimeCreated field from the Windows Event is 'None' but when I run the program as a script it works perfectly fine. So, I guess what I'm asking is why does the program work as a python script but not as an executable, I also try adding the DLLs like pywintype310 and few others when building exe with PyInstaller.

Best,
Nas