[python-win32] error 1: incorrect function when starting service python

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Mar 30 13:04:19 EDT 2021

Shaik Saleem Basha wrote:
> Issue:
>
> 1.I have created a python script for windows service, service is
> creating I can't able to run I'm getting the following error ( The
> pythonftp service terminated with the following service-specific
> error: Incorrect function.) in windows logs.
>
> 2.I'm able to run the service from windows services, only if I'm
> creating service from the environment this is also working only on my
> laptop the same I have tried on another laptop I'm getting the same error.

Are you sure the other laptop has the same version of Python, and the
same version of all of the Python modules you require?  Are you sure

that both systems have access to the D: drive?  If that's a file share,
are you sure both laptops have permission to access it?  Remember that
services, by default, run as the "local system" user, which does not
have any of your network permissions.

When you run on the other laptop, do you get a traceback that tells you
which line failed?  You should share that.

> 4.code link: https://cutt.ly/ux7XdnB <https://cutt.ly/ux7XdnB>

It is incredibly foolish of you to publish your actual FTP username and
password in a public github repository.  You need to find another way to
handle that.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com