[python-win32] pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221005, 'Invalid class string', None, None)

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Sep 9 02:27:37 EDT 2020

On Sep 8, 2020, at 9:18 PM, Shaik Saleem Basha <shaiksaleem at armaxindia.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your response I will to that .
>
> But my issue is not only with Quickopc , I have installed OpenOPC in that also I’m getting same error

OpenOPC is just a wrapper around the other OPC clients.  If you have 64-bit clients, OpenOPC will also fail as well.  However, I do not see QuickOPC in the list of classes supported by OpenOPC.

> In my Case pywin32 is not matching with the version python I’m using .

Why do you think so?  You have Python 3.8, and the Pywin32 is for Python 3.8.  If there were a mismatch, you couldn’t call Dispatch at all.

> Can you please suggest me the versions which I can use to solve this errors , because the same version I’m using in another windows laptop there I’m not getting this errors.

Either something has gone wrong with your QuickOPC installation, or you need the 64-bit Python.
—
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com