[python-win32] winsound.Beep not producing any output - windows 10 2004 64 bit

jacob kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Wed Jul 22 05:57:52 EDT 2020

Hi there

Not too important, but, bit odd in that, like subject line says, using
something like the following 2 lines of code produces no audio output at
all:

import winsound

winsound.Beep(3200, 500)

Not too sure when this started happening, and, if it realtes to windows
version, etc., or just possibly other software have installed here, but
anyway.

winsound.PlaySound() function does still cooperate, so, it's not like
winsound itself is messing up audio output channels, but, just wondering
what could cause this, and, if there are any simple alternatives, in
case I just want to use it to either generate tones based on
frequencies, or use it let me know when something has finished off in
the background?

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA