[python-win32] Add-in question: Pulling a list of Excel Add-ins

Harald Armin Massa[legacy] haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 02:56:36 EDT 2020

Hi Brandon,

useful search term to put into search engine is "excel object model list of
addins"

You can use this microsoft documentation

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/excel.addins

and translate from VBA within Excel to Python and COM communication

pywin32 is just an interface to COM, and you need information about the
internal structures of Excel.

Cheers

Harald

On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 at 08:28, Brandon Hoffman <branhoff2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to everyone for their work maintaining the Pywin32 library. I use
> it often and it is so essential to so much of the automation I work I do.
>
> I'm reaching because I have a question, and no answers have come
> organically on Stackoverflow. Essentially, I'm wondering if there's a way
> to pull a list of excel add-ins with the library. I outline my question a
> bit more clearly in the stackoverflow post below:
>

> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/63456207/pull-list-of-com-add-ins-available-in-excel-w-python-library
>
> If you have any suggestions or can guide me on how I might explore this
> issue more thoroughly, it would be a great help.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Brandon Hoffman

LightningTalkMan
a brand of GHUM GmbH