[python-win32] Edit with pythonwin context menu entry not quite working

Boylan, Ross Ross.Boylan at ucsf.edu
Tue Jan 8 17:04:29 EST 2019

On MS Win 7 when I right click on a .py file the MS Windows Explorer, the context menu offers "Open with Pythonwin" as a choice.  When I click on it Pythonwin opens up, but the file I selected is not open in the application.

Expected behavior: the file would be open and in the foreground.

Complications:
32 bit python on 64 bit OS.
Multiple version of python, at various bitnesses (?) are installed, some as part of Visual Studio.
There was at least one previous install of pywin32 via pip; it was not completely set up.
Variety of security software is running.

Just installed pywin32 from pywin32-224.win32-py3.7.exe.