[python-win32] [ANN] pywin32 build 224 released

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Sep 28 02:52:54 EDT 2018

Hi all,
   I'm happy to announce the release of pywin32 build 224.

There are a few changes in this release, but the most significant one is
that many "date" related issues with build 223 in Python 3.7 should be
fixed.

This should help when installing pywin32 via pypi. While I still
consider wheel support to be experimental, I encourage everyone to try
it out and report any issues via https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32/issues.

Downloads are available at:

   https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32/releases/tag/b224

and via pypi.

For initial support (eg, to ask questions about the release etc), please
contact this mailing-list (python-win32 at python.org).  If you want to
report a bug, please do so at https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32/issues

As always, thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, both in
terms of code and reporting bugs.

Cheers,

Mark.

Changes:
* Built with a released version of Python 3.7, which fixes various date
   related issues with Python 3.7

* Fix a regression introduced in build 220 around how some COM
   properties are handled (#1211 and #1199)

* Everything is now build with the Windows 8.1 SDK. While this should
   typically be invisible, it is mentioned because it might explain
   obscure issues that creep in, so it should be explicitly called out as
   a change. On the plus side, this makes building the extensions far
   simpler.

* win32serviceutil - in GetServiceClassString, skip rewrite of file name
   (fname) when win32api.FindFiles returns an empty list, e.g., if the
   service has been packaged in a zip or exe. (fixes issue #642)