[python-win32] win32com + Brother Printer + Django

Scott Vitale scott at spigotlabs.com
Fri Mar 23 12:44:13 EDT 2018

Hi there,

I'm looking for some win32com help... I have a simple Python script that
creates a `Dispatch` object for a `bpac.Document` type (it's a Brother
printer SDK class).  It works perfectly fine in a standalong script, but as
soon as I attempt to call this code from Django, it hangs on creating the
`Dispatch` object....so bizarre.

I've tried calling `CoInitialize` in a variety of ways, no difference in
behavior.

The other oddity is that I can create `bpac.Printer` objects with no
issue.  It's only the `bpac.Document` type that hangs.  Unfortunately I
don't have access to the library source and I'm not sure how to debug why
it's hanging.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Scott Vitale
Founder & CEO
720.288.6336
@svvitale <https://twitter.com/svvitale>

<http://spigotlabs.com>

Learn about my perspectives on development, business, and my personal quest
to shake up the #eventtech world on Medium <https://bit.ly/svvitale-medium>
ᐧ