[python-win32] Dispatch multi instance of the some com server

Matteo Boscolo matteo.boscolo at omniasolutions.eu
Thu Jul 19 08:10:56 EDT 2018

Matteo Boscolo wrote:
>> we have an issues with our com server (exe) .
>>
>> we dispatch it with dispatchEx to be sure that every time we dispatch
>> it a new instance of the com server will be created.
>>
>> but it dose not work.
>>
>> when we dispatchex it the program get the live instance instead of
>> creating a new one.
>>
> Why?  I know you weren't asking for a design review, but it seems like a
> serious design flaw if you cannot handle multiple requests with a single
> instance.  That's a big part of COM -- an easy way to have a server that
> handles multiple clients.

we work with cad programs

win32com dose not unlock well the safe array.

for this problem we chose to create a com server (exe) , so when we
finished to use it we kill the process and release the memory of the
safe arrays.

for this we need to force our com server to allow just one instance.

regards,

Matteo

*OmniaSolutions*
/*Matteo Boscolo*