[python-win32] Equivalence of win32com.client under Linux

Preston Landers planders at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 11:32:19 EDT 2017

I wouldn't say it's 100% impossible - there is a thing called Mono which
allows, subject to numerous limitations, running some .NET code on Linux.

However it certainly wouldn't be the easiest path to take. I guess the
question is why do you feel the need to run this code under Linux.

It would be much easier to run the code on Windows, whether under a virtual
machine inside a Linux host or on a separate host. And then write some
bridge code - a network server or some other kind of communication channel
- to communicate between the Linux process and the Windows one. It all begs
the question of why you want to do this under Linux and what the real
requirements are.