[python-win32] playing with scintillacon

Kurt Eilander webguy at totalrewind.com
Thu Dec 14 19:10:25 EST 2017

Hey all,

I recently noticed that pythonwin comes with a scintilla wrapper. Seems
USEFUL!  so I decided to (scientifically) try poking it with a stick to
see what it does.
(https://github.com/mhammond/pywin32/tree/7da19cd2ca3fac06638d9af690b8b6f5fcc65e8b/Pythonwin/pywin/scintilla)

I didn't get too far, for when I do:
     from scintilla import scintillacon
I get:
     ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Presumably this means there's a dll it can't find?  Unfortunately the %1
is not replaced with what it's looking for.  (If there's not a bug out
on this somewhere, there probably should be.) That's not the point
though.  Point is: what are we looking for?

Thanks,
-Kurt