[python-win32] To control commercial software CST through python

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Apr 27 13:43:58 EDT 2017

gowri shankar wrote:

> /*I was not able to convert these following MATLAB commands into
> python. I got errors.* /
> /    mws.invoke('StoreParameter','a',a);  %These are the COM interface
> commands from MATLAB to CST/
> /    mws.invoke('StoreParameter','b',b);/
> /    mws.invoke('StoreParameter','c',c);/
> /    %To rebuild /
> /    invoke(mws,'Rebuild');/
> /...
> /
>
> I tried different online forums for help and i was unsuccessful in
> getting any clue how to move forward. Error messages didn't revealed
> any information. I even checked and compared the COM commands used to
> control Excel from MATLAB and Python. But, still i am not able to
> progress any further.

You are still only giving us about 1/4 of the information we need in
order to help you.  It doesn't do any good to show is the MATLAB code
you started with.  We need to see the Python code you created, and we
need to see the error messages you get.  The COM error messages might
seem inscrutable to you, but the large negative numbers in there are
specific COM error codes.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com