[python-win32] Context menu handler as executable

Gertjan Klein gklein at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 28 07:21:50 EDT 2016

Christiaan B v Zyl wrote:

>> Python 3.4 (both 64 bit), pywin32 version 219 installed
>
> I've had success with cx_Freeze when building executables for Python 3

I just tried cx_freeze, and essentially have the same symptoms as with
the other two executable-builders: registering the exe works (as in:
says it's successful, and registry entries appear), but no context menu.

I must be missing something fundamental. How is the code expected to
run? The only thing I found is an entry in the registry that specifies
an "/Automate" switch. However, this does not seem to get called at all.
Does anybody know what is supposed to happen?

Regards,
Gertjan.