[python-win32] COM Server - COMTYPES / PYTHONCOM

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Jul 18 17:07:21 EDT 2016

Kasper wrote:

> I have some major problems with something i am not good at :(
>
> I have come to a situation where i have to add a COM server in my
> python code the get access to it from Labview Teststand.
>
> Firs i have tried with pythoncom/wincom and got it almost working, it
> registered and i could look it up in the windows COM data list.
> But this combination do not register coclasses:
> Coclasses are not registered (that is, RegisterTypeLib does not write
> any values to the CLSID key of the coclass).

I don't see how you are connecting things together here.  Your IDL file
has the following GUIDs:
    D04CBAD4... for the ITestServerApp interface (which you never use)
    BB5DD9CF... for the IPippo interface
    1728B2B9... for the type library
    398C2A35... for the TestServerApp coclass (which you never use)
    47D38FBE... for the Pippo coclass

But look at your code.  The CPippo class says its CLSID is 05AC1CCE...,
which doesn't match any of those.  It also says its type library is
40159C57..., which also doesn't match any of those.

I suspect what you want to do here is delete the ITestServerApp
interface and TestServerApp coclass from the IDL, and change the type
library GUID in your Python code to match the actual GUID you have in
the type library.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com