[python-win32] Creating standalone executable

John Sampson jrs.idx at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 6 17:59:35 CET 2015

I tried py2exe but the executable file has to be in a specific folder
along with many other files that py2exe generates. It therefore cannot
be placed in any folder.
As far as I can see cx-freeze produces a folder, not a single file.

I am looking for a way of producing a single executable file that can be
run in any folder, and nothing else - that is, standalone.

Regards

John Sampson