[python-win32] python-win32 Digest, Vol 145, Issue 6

Blair Hall blairdhall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 03:00:15 CEST 2015

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:57:34 -0700
> From: Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com>
> To: python-win32 <python-win32 at python.org>
> Subject: Re: [python-win32] python-win32 Digest, Vol 140, Issue 1
>
> Blair Hall wrote:
> >
> > _ctypes.pyd calls LoadLibraryA("msvcr90.dll") and a version of
> > msvcr90.dll is found in the Windows PATH, despite the fact that I have
> > included the correct version and a manifest, as described on the
> > internet in may places.
> >
> > Is there is something wrong with the way that I have created my DLL?
>
> I'm surprised at both of these actions.  MSVCR90, from Visual Studio
> 2008, still uses the "side-by-side" loading mechanism.  The operating
> system is supposed to look in the version-tagged side-by-side
> repository, not in the path nor in the local directory.
>
> Can you show us your manifest?
>
> --
> Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
>
> Thanks for taking a look.

I have put the contents of the manifest file at the bottom of this post:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29597999/incorrect-dll-is-loaded-from-windows-path-instead-of-manifest

My understanding was that the operating system should look for the
manifest, but, well, it doesn't seem to be doing that for me. :-(