[python-win32] Printing PDFs without external tools

Andreas Holtz A.Holtz at gmx.net
Mon Mar 3 22:14:03 CET 2014

Hi guys,

I need want to print PDF files without the usage of tools like Adobe, Foxit, etc.
THe printer does understand PDF files, but I have no idea how to do it.
I played around with

win32api.ShellExecute(0, "print", pdf, None, ".", 0)

but I am missing the possibilities to change layout and paper size.

I already checked out
http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/print.html

Is there really no way to print PDFs with Python setting whatever print settings I want?
I thought Python can do anything... :'-(

Thanks in advance

Andreas