[python-win32] Removing inheritance

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Fri Jan 17 00:21:54 CET 2014

How does one accomplish the effect of the SetAccessRuleProtection call? I am trying to
take an existing DACL and remove inheritance so parent changes are not inherited unless
the child objects are reset.

I can iterate a dacl and remove an inherited ace which is in my opinion technically invalid
as any parent change will simply resolve the intermittent state. Without disabling inheritance
on the object itself, I am not clear on the proper approach.

jlc