[python-win32] comtypes + mshtml was slow to me, any suggestion?

Xin Zhao usfree74 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 04:32:24 CET 2014

Hey,

I am trying to build a test tool using comtypes and mshtml to handle some
applications that have IE activex control, which renders some logics
predefined in an HTML file. But I have two issues:

   1. I did "from comtypes.client import GetModule" and then
   "GetModule('mshtml.tlb')". It took a few minutes to finish this function.
   The second run was faster, but still took about 6 seconds. Is this normal?
   2. I usee comtypes to get IHTMLDocument2 interface, and then enumerate
   all HTML elements in the application. But for some page, it took more than
   2 minutes to process. This seems to be way too slow. I think I must miss
   something. But have no clue about it.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
-X