[python-win32] python 3.4 and pywin32

Roger Upole rupole at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:51:47 CEST 2014

It appears that pywintypes34.dll won't be loaded automatically when it's copied beside
python.exe, but will load when copied to system32.  May be due to python using the flag
LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH when loading pyd's, but it will take
some more study of the MSDN docs for LoadLibraryEx.

I think this is related to the issue where the post-install script (which copies pywintypes to
one or the other) sometimes fails. Usually you can just rerun the postinstall, however if
not rerun with administrative privs it copies pywintypes to the root of the python install,
and it can't be loaded when you first import another module that links to it.

    Roger