[python-win32] com proxy

Vernon D. Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Fri May 10 17:26:27 CEST 2013

Eric:
  Interesting timing. I assume you and your fellow "bunch of crips" are
motion impaired.  I happen to be in Africa just now working on the polio
vaccination effort in an attempt to reduce additions to your group.  My
mother-in-law (a polio victim) was quadriplegic and used breathing
assistance, and ran a telephone answering service for 17 years. Her voice
was her world. I wish she had something as nice as a computer that could
understand speech.
  Now to the subject... As we speak I am frantically crunching on a Python
proxy to bridge a COM link to the Linux environment.
   The specific COM link I am fighting with (and for) is the COM interface
to the ADO database engine.  I am attempting to build a remote ADO module
which talks to a Windows host which performs the COM calls to talk to a
database server.  I am getting pretty close -- close enough that the django
test routine running on Ubuntu can create and load a database and start
running tests against it -- before it runs into some kind of timeout or
thread exhaustion error.  I am trying to use Pyro4 as the network
communication layer.
  Is this something you can use?  Not yet, but it may be a starting point.
Stay in touch, please.
--
Vernon Cole