[python-win32] Unable to install PyWin32 with Python 2.6.2 and 2.6.3

NWViking roeckeg at co.thurston.wa.us
Thu May 2 19:11:34 CEST 2013

I found this solution on stackoverflow:
Had the above noted errors with my python27 pywin32 installation that got
installed after my installation of ArcGIS on a windows2008 R2 server (trying
to centralize our scripts). Found that for me, I had to start a command line
window with run as adminstrator (right click to get that option in windows)
and then run the following command line from the
c:\arcpy27\arcgis10.1>python
c:/arcpy27/arcgis10.1/scripts/pywin32_postinstall.py -install

I see a lot of people have run into this issue and I tried multiple things,
but this was finally the solution that managed to get pywin32 installed.

Thanks so much for your solution. Took me a couple of install and uninstalls
before I finally ran across your solution and modified it for my version.