[python-win32] Makepy for Access on Win7

Vernon D. Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 19:37:55 CET 2013

Hartmut:
  If what you are doing is copying data between an ACCESS table and
something else that can be reached from ADO, you might want to consider
doing the entire thing from Python using adodbapi.  You can do that without
even having a copy of Office on your computer.  You can glean the
connection information from your sitepackages/adodbapi/tests folder.
  If, on the other hand, you are controlling ACCESS in some more advanced
manner, then just install the 32 bit versions of Python and pywin32.  They
will work just fine on your 64bit Windows, and will be able to talk to
their 32bit friends via COM.
--
Vernon