[python-win32] pywin32 service startup error (sys.winver issue?)

Jean Rousseau jean.marc.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 22:23:33 CET 2013

Tim,

Thanks for the help - I have appreciated the input!

After (much) further troubleshooting, I have located the bug - completely
my fault (why aren't you more surprised? ;-) The service fails on startup
because my own derived class implemented a method that is only supported on
platforms later than Win 2003. This caused GetAcceptedControls to return an
invalid request ID, which in turn caused SetServiceStatus to fail. Turns
out that I had deleted this method in the working version of the service.

Thanks again for your feedback.

JM