[python-win32] Python 2.6: Windows Scripting Host (WSH) compatible debugger

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 01:45:34 CET 2013

On 13/02/2013 3:17 AM, Udo Weik wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
>> Debugging should work "out of the box" - what problems are you seeing?
>
> I'm using a Delphi-component. That component checks whether the
> ActiveX debug interface is available (Windows Scripting Host, WSH).
> When I start my app, I get the following error message:
>
> Project XYZ.exe raised exception class EOleSysError with message
> 'Script engine does not support debugging.'.

You could try registering the script engine with debugging support -
change to the win32comext/axscript/client directory and execute "python
pyscript.py --debug".  Then, before loading the script engine, execute
"python -m win32traceutil".  In the win32traceutil window you should see
some output generated - hopefully something there will point us in the
right direction.

Cheers,

Mark

> Many thanks and greetings
> Udo
>
>> On 11/02/2013 3:07 AM, Udo Weik wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I want to use the standard Python 2.6 distribution from
>>> www.python.org as a Windows Scripting Host (WSH) scripting
>>> language. Is there any way to get debugging working with the