[python-win32] ValueError in relpath

Niemann, Hartmut hartmut.niemann at siemens.com
Mon Sep 17 10:41:00 CEST 2012

> Niemann, Hartmut wrote:
> > No, the relative path that crashed it has 245 characters:
> >

> 2012-08-07_diffzu_2012-09-12\PRJ\I1SITRAC\wrk\130_Eclipse\Work
space\.metadata\.plugins\com.python.pydev.analysis\python_v1> _eo3pb4rfuku7u65tfbbltnbp5\v1_indexcache\pylint.test.input.fun
c_noerror_classes_meth_could_be_a_function_bhwc.v1_indexcache

> > so the absolute path exceeded 260. That makes sense.
> >
> > This was a real crash, i. e. this is the filename that crashed.
>
> This goes below wxPython down into wxWidgets.  It may be that the best
> long-term solution is to have wxWidgets switch to the Unicode API with
> the \??\ prefix, but if you want my personal recommendation, I would
> just go implement it myself in Python.  It's not rocket science.

No, I am not using wxWidgets, I am using the os.path module.
But anyway, I will try my own relpath implementation.

Hartmut