[python-win32] VARIANT parameter

Johannes Frank jmfrank63 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 13:13:30 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am trying to access an AutoCAD clone, intellicad, via win32com. I managed
to access, but now I am stuck.
AutoCAD as well as Intellicad want

        filterType=VARIANT(pythoncom.VT_ARRAY,[0])
        filterData=VARIANT(pythoncom.VT_ARRAY,['LINE'])
        dwg.ActiveSpace = cnsts.vicModelSpace
        sel.Select(cnsts.vicSelectionSetAll,None,None,filterType,filterData)

I get an error:

MemoryError: CreatingSafeArray

In VB6 I pass two variant arrays in VB.NET 2010 I pass an integer array and
an object array.

Now how do I find out how to pass this parameter in pythoncom / win32com

Thank you for your attention

Kind Regards

--
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Johannes-Maria Frank