[python-win32] How to invoke Python program from Windows service?

Funke, Matt Matt.funke at vishaypg.com
Thu Jun 21 22:25:25 CEST 2012

I'm relatively new to the world of Windows programming, but I have a Python program I'd like to run every once in a while from a Windows service.  I've gotten the service itself to run as it's supposed to, but attempts to run the program with a DOS command (using ProcessStartInfo) are unsuccessful.  Does anyone have any advice?

(This program, written in Python 2.7.3, depends heavily on other libraries - reportlab, SQLAlchemy, and a bunch of others.  It works now, and I'd rather not rewrite it if I don't have to.)

Matt Funke
Programmer/Analyst
Vishay Precision Group, Inc.
951 Wendell Blvd