[python-win32] Issuing a command via subprocess, other methods in Windows 7

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Feb 23 19:00:32 CET 2012

David Hutto wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes.  The one critical piece of information you did not supply here is
>> that you are running 64-bit Windows 7.  That's the root of the problem.
> Quick question, How did you know this?

It was the only explanation that fit your symptoms.  When files in
System32 magically disappear when you run a 32-bit Python, the only
reasonable explanation is that you are seeing file system redirection on
a 64-bit system.  It was actually just an educated guess, but I made it
sound like an established fact in order to enhance my reputation as a
miracle worker.  ;)

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com