[python-win32] [ANN] pywin32 build 217 released.

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 00:36:36 CET 2012

On 20/02/2012 5:10 AM, luc.k wrote:
> Hi Marc,
> I recently encounterd some problems with pyTables en Pandas. (certain pyd
> files generated an "Import DLL...."problem) After some research i came
> accross the folowing issues
> - http://bugs.python.org/issue4120
> -  http://bugs.python.org/issue7833 and
> It's unclear to me how this will be solved. Maybe you can shed some light?

Both those issues have had fixed checked in and the new pywin32 has been
built with those changes.  The end result should be that (almost) none
of the .pyd files in pywin32 have a manifest, while
pythoncomloaderxx.dll does have a manifest to enable COM objects to be
loaded.

Are you having the problems with pywin32 extensions or others?  If
others, then the only solution is probably to have those other
extensions rebuilt.