[python-win32] creating disk image

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Aug 3 21:47:23 CEST 2012

Tim Roberts wrote:
> Jane Chen wrote:
>> I would like to create disk image
>> through SHCreateStreamOnFileEx,IStream::Read,
>> and IStream::Write. However, I cannot find these API in python-win32.
>> I am wondering how to create disk image through python.
> What are you actually trying to do?

I see now that you said you are trying to create a disk image.  Do you
mean a CD image, like an .iso file?  That doesn't require these APIs.
The example you borrowed those from was a scripting example, in a
language where standard I/O is not available.  You just need normal
Python I/O.

However, ISO files are complicated.  If you do not already know how to
create one, you should investigate one of the existing utilities, like
mkisofs.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com