[python-win32] Silent crashes in calls to a COM object in Python

Deniz Pelvan i_pelvan at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 06:55:38 CEST 2012

Hello Mark,As I mentioned, I ran my COM interface with another Win32 test app under a MSVC debugger for hours without any problem. I attached a debugger to the Python process but with Python, the script goes all the way to that call, waits about a minute in that call and then without throwing any exceptions or errors, the script stops running (i.e. the next line in the script never gets called) and Python drops back to the prompt. Nothing gets caught by the debugger. I was wondering if there are any options either in the Python interpreter or in pywin32 (or maybe a debug version) that can show what is happening internally, especially over the COM dispatch...Thanks in advanceDeniz