[python-win32] Connecting to Bloomberg

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Apr 20 18:55:29 CEST 2012

michel.gba at derivativepartners.com wrote:

> I want to connect to Bloomberg with Python 3.2.
>
> Looking on internet I found couple of programs written by diverse
> authors. I implemented by It does not work.
>
> I followed the following steps, I included the python code and the
> error messages:
>
> I will really appreciate if you could help me.

> Step 1 : Install Bloomberg Desktop API v3 from API <GO> download page
> (file is contained in DAPI_2.zip)
>
> Step 2 : Download and install : ActiveState Python x86 (Key point :
> not the 64-bit version)
>
> Step 3 : (For safety) :

Are you on a 64-bit operating system?  Are you entirely sure that the
Bloomberg Desktop API v3 a 32-bit service?  Remember that you can ONLY
call a 32-bit in-process server from a 32-bit application, and a 64-bit
server from a 64-bit application.

You could check in the registry.  If you find an entry under
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\blpcomapi.Session.1
then you have a 64-bit version.  If you find an entry under
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\blpcomapi.Session.1
then you have a 32-bit version.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com