[python-win32] win32com in a 64bit laptop

love python wws_ques at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 21:50:36 CEST 2011

Thanks for the reply. I removed the Softwares and reinstall them with 32bit
again. But I have
the following questions:
1. When installing xlutils1.4.1.win32, I got the following errors:
couldn't create key for
i) xlutils-py2.7; ii) python 2.7 xltuils-1.4.1
Then I got the error "Couldn't set key value" for "...\Removexlutils.exe" -u
"...\xltuils-wininst.log"

2. Next, when installing win32com, i got the following error msg twice:
The program can't start because python23.dll is missing from your
computer...

When I run my previous program, I got a runtime error as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "J:\MyProjects\Python\MySVD\src\SVDDecomposition.py", line 19, in
<module>
    from xlutils.copy import copy
  File
"F:\Softwares\Working\Languages\Python27\lib\site-packages\xlutils\copy.py",
line 7, in <module>
    from xlutils.filter import process,XLRDReader,XLWTWriter
  File
"F:\Softwares\Working\Languages\Python27\lib\site-packages\xlutils\filter.py",
line 9, in <module>
    import xlrd,xlwt
ImportError: No module named xlwt

How can I fix it? Thanks.