[python-win32] Problem on com server ony in a specifie application

Matteo Boscolo matteo.boscolo at boscolini.eu
Thu Jan 6 20:40:46 CET 2011

Il 06/01/2011 19:08, Tim Roberts ha scritto:
> Matteo Boscolo wrote:
>> I can't find a solution at this little scripts.
>>
>> if you run the test.vbs the scripts work very well ..
>> but if I try to get it work under a thinkdesign (A cad package) I got an
>> error in the test.comInit method ..
>> this is the error that the cad give to me :
>>      Automation error 0x4005
>> any idea on how to survive from this error ?
> That error code (0x80004005) is the very unhelpful E_FAIL.
>
> Does ThinkDesign have its own scripting language?
yes
>   Is it already set up
> to use late-bound COM objects?
I do not know
> Do you possibly have a 32-bit/64-bit
> confusion?
My machine is a 64Bit w7
thinkdesing is 32Bit compiled
and python is 32Bit compiled

may be it could be a 32/64 confusion ..
how can I understand how to fix this problem ?

It's quite a strange behaviour,
this is the method that fails, and it fails only if the argument is != None

     def comInit(self,obj=None):
         if obj==None:
             return "ss" + str(test1)
         else: