[python-win32] Recurring DLL error with py2exe

RayS rays at blue-cove.com
Thu Aug 25 16:22:07 CEST 2011

At 06:02 AM 8/25/2011, Jacob Kruger wrote:

>The last 2 lines rendered in that window are then the following:
>*** finding dlls needed ***
>error: MSVCP90.dll: No such file or directory
>
>That specific DLL gets copied quite easily into the relevant
>subfolder of the dist folder when I run a similar command for my
>much larger, but, I suppose, simpler, mapData app, since that one
>doesn't try to import libraries/modules like piaudiere or wxPython as such.
>
>Any thoughts on what could really be happening here, or should I try
>sort out reinstalling windows7 or something...?

I always explicitly bundle the *90 dlls with the exe using includes
[], or the user needs the redistributable. Even if Win7 ships with
*90 dlls you might still need explicit copies.
Re-view the tutorial for more setup hints
<http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial#Step52>http<http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial#Step52>://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial#Step52

I'm still wrangling with dynamic import errors...