[python-win32] Recurring DLL error with py2exe

Werner F. Bruhin werner.bruhin at free.fr
Thu Aug 25 19:52:52 CEST 2011

Tim and Mark,

On 08/25/2011 07:29 PM, Tim Roberts wrote:
> Mark Mordeca wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Python is built using 2008.  You can find this in the readme.txt under the
>> PCbuild folder (from the 2.7.2 source at least):
>
> Memory fault on my part.  I was thinking they had bypassed 2008 and gone
> from 2005 straight to 2010, but I see both 2.6 and 2.7 use VS2008.

The OP's problem is that when he tries to compile the dll is not found
by py2exe.

The simple solution which works for me is just to exclude it as I
mentioned in a previous post and it is also mentioned in the wxPython
wiki - http://wiki.wxpython.org/py2exe

IIRC this problem only shows up with py 2.6 and higher.

Werner